Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tom Matzzie, You Were One of Us!

A LEFTY'S EXCLUSIVE: TOM MATTZIE

My fellow Co-President was digging through some old emails that were stored on our webmail account. The oldest mail was dated April 19, 1996! Curious, we checked the name and found that the author was none other than former Notre Dame College Democrat Tom Matzzie.

Tom Matzzie, manager of Accountable America and former Washington Director of Moveon.org, was a student at our beloved University. He has been one of the strongest voices against the war in Iraq while heading up Americans Against Escalation in Iraq. To every College Democrat who aspires to join the ranks of progressive operatives, Matzzie is your man. And for your reading pleasure, I have included the text of the email below. Take note of the use of the term "Neo-conservative Whackos." That gave me a laugh. Enjoy:


----- Forwarded message from Tom Matzzie > ----- Date: Fri, 19 Apr 96 02:30:38 0600 From: Tom Matzzie Reply-To: Tom Matzzie Subject: (no subject) To: cdems@moe.debartolo.nd.edu Hey guys- My name is Tom Matzzie and I am the guy who has thus far preserved the College Dems phone tree at Student Government. Could somebody contact me, we may have to move it elsewhere. By the way, the homepage looks awesome! You may get a phonecall from Student Activities about your color manipulation of the leprechaun. Its copyrighted and the administration is run by neo-conservative whackos who won't let small things slide. In addition, I am the Notre Dame contact for Union Summer. Union Summer is the AFL-CIO's initiative to put hundreds of college students working for the labor movement this summer. Call me and I'll do a presentation if you want. I'm sorry that I've never attended a meeting but Student Government has kept me busy. I may be able to help out next year. Take care- Tom Matzzie 631-4556 matzzie.1@nd.edu

No comments: