Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Who's Going to Bailout the GOP?

On what I would argue may be the biggest day in news (for Lefty's and America) since January 20, 2009, I'd like to mark today as the historical landmark beginning of a painful and pathetic collapse of the Republican Party (just check Wikipedia 15 years from now). This may end up (over time) being as big as the moment that Teddy Roosevelt jumped ship for the Progressive Party in 1912. The analogy isn't perfect, but we might be witnessing a major shift in American politics.



In typically Lefty's fashion, I went hunting for articles to support my claim... and I ran into a heap of blog waste all saying the same thing. So to lighten things up, I went looking for things that made me laugh. Here's what I found:

Colbert Study: Conservatives Don't Know He's Joking

Gun Owners Attack Rush Limbaugh


Michelle Bachmann Links Swine Flu to Democrats, Gets History Wrong

I guess everyone wants to be a Democrat today:

Ahmadinejad Borrows Obama's "Yes We Can" For Iranian Election


Final thing that caught my eye. The Pakistani intelligence agencies picked the WORST DAY EVER to announce that they believe Osama Bin Laden to be dead.

Ha! Like anyone cares about him on a day like this. This is AMERICA! You are alive until proven dead. Right...?


WOOPS



Image Sources:

philsbackupsite.wordpress.com
evilbeetgossip.film.com

2 comments:

Bill said...

"Pakistan's president said Monday his intelligence agencies believe Osama bin Laden may be dead, but he added there is no proof."

/facepalm

Andrea Watts said...

YES! Tupac