Monday, May 18, 2009

President Obama's Speech at Notre Dame

Hello Lefties!  I've been on the road for a few days to go visit one of my close friends and attend his graduation from Humboldt State, up in NorCal.  It is a beautiful campus.  I highly recommend getting up that way sometime.

Anyhow, I was interested to see what I missed at Notre Dame this weekend, so I found the video of President Obama's speech at commencement and thought I would post it for anyone else who couldn't be there.  

I thought it was a very good speech.  It took guts from everyone involved... Fr. Jenkins for inviting the President and dealing with all the controversial BS, and President Obama for talking about abortion at a place like Notre Dame, and setting an example for how to talk about the issue like we're all grown ups.

Here's the speech:









And if you're wondering what kind of activity was taking place outside of the Joyce Center Sunday afternoon, local Obama supporters and College Democrats who weren't graduating that day took the high road, instead of lowering themselves to the standards of all the radical political opportunists (Keyes, Terry, etc.) who have invaded South Bend for the last few weeks.

No comments: