Tuesday, June 9, 2009

More Analysis of the President's Cairo Speech

I just checked my Twitter account (ugh, yes, I have one) and saw a message from the Arts & Letters department at ND directing me to a You Tube clip of R. Scott Appleby, a Notre Dame professor of history and director of the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies, commenting on President Obama's speech in Cairo.


We've been wanting to feature content like this on Lefty's for some time, and it is something we are planning on looking into in the fall. In the meantime, when appropriate, I'll be posting interesting interviews such as this one that can be found on Notre Dame's YouTube channel.

And on another note, this was sent to me after posting a link to my previous Cairo post on Twitter, so it looks like getting the word out about Lefty's via Twitter and hash-tagging relevant topics (i.e. #politics #NotreDame) has been getting our site seen by people such as whoever runs the ND Arts & Letters twitter account who passed this info onto me. So by all means, comrades, keep spreading the word about our growing project. Your humble editors and writers are grateful.

Shameless self promotion:
You can follow me on Twitter @BrendanMcP

...And you can also follow the University of Notre Dame College of Arts & Letters @ArtsLettersND and the University of Notre Dame @NDdotEDU ...and the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies @krocinstitute

2 comments:

jfallon2 said...

Hi Brendan. Scott Appleby is the director of the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies at Notre Dame. I'd like to invite you to follow Kroc on twitter and facebook for more news and videos of faculty and students. Renee LaReau manages those as well as our website at http://kroc.nd.edu

Joan Fallon

ShamRockNRoll said...

Thanks Joan. Already following Kroc on Facebook... I'll go look for them on Twitter.