Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy Shark Week

from Lefty's Last Cry!
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/image.php?file=/downloads/downloads/articles2/1493206/article_images/sharks_1.jpg&height=167


Today marks the kick off of Shark Week (20th anniversary) & as Tracey Jordan of 30 Rock so eloquently advises: "LIVE EVERY WEEK LIKE SHARK WEEK!" I figured we could bring this whole Discovery Channel nerd holiday into the political arena. Ah, health care, within the democratic party, it's a freaking a shark tank:



Blue Dogs v. Progressives
I'm still trying to decide who's the hammerhead & who's the prey...
http://wellsy.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/nancy-pelosi-attacks.jpg
Last week Pelosi was a verbal hammerhead:
"It's almost immoral what they are doing," Pelosi said to reporters, referring to insurance companies. "Of course they've been immoral all along in how they have treated the people that they insure," she said, adding, "They are the villains. They have been part of the problem in a major way. They are doing everything in their power to stop a public option from happening."

5 comments:

Bill said...

Glad to see you're posting again. How was Washington?

Andrea Watts said...

Thanks! I thought I would break up the Lefty's boys club with a lady post :) I want to do so more often!

Washington was incredible. Convention was a great success. The state federation came home with the 'Rising Star' award! Indiana is looking good. Thanks for asking.

Jess said...

Andrea I love you! I am so glad you're on U Dems :)

Great post, girl. I guess I should be keeping you all (or "y'all" as I've come accustomed to saying again after 3 months of Kentucky) posted on what's up in Hill's office. We had a protest the other day. I get a panic button now. Tea bags are everywhere. It's crazy.

Indiana rocks.

blakey said...

Sorry Obama!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8x4qNgYYcA

ShamRockNRoll said...

Great post Andrea. I love Shark Week!!! Haha... and right now, I definitely feel like the Republicans/Blue Dogs/Health Insurance Co.'s are the predators, and my poor, uninsured pain-ridden ass is definitely the prey!