Friday, December 11, 2009

Kroc Institute Prof. Comments on Obama's Nobel Speech


I hope everyone's final exam cram sessions are going well.  As I was recovering today from writing a paper all night, before I get started on yet another :( I stumbled upon this interesting bit of information on the intertubes...

Professor David Cortright, Director of Policy Studies at the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies here at Notre Dame was recently interviewed by Christopher Hayes of The Nation Magazine, for his reaction on President Obama's speech at the awards ceremony for the Nobel Prize.

I caught this onto this from Chris Hayes' Twitter feed.  Shameless self-promotion: you can also now follow Lefty's on Twitter, as well as ME your loyal Lefty's editor, and the Kroc Institute!!!

When asked for his reaction to the President's speech, Professor Cortright had the following reaction:
"I found the Nobel speech disappointing." He continued: "To use the Nobel dais to justify the use of military force is unseemly. The president's characterization of the historic role of US military power was distorted, and his interpretation of just war theory was incomplete."
Read the rest of his reaction at The Nation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my favorite: "obama sends predator drone to pick up nobel peace prize"