Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Welcome Back, Lefties!

Today is the first day of classes for the spring semester at Notre Dame and I just wanted to say a quick hello and welcome back all of you lefties who returned to campus this weekend.  Two days ago I was enjoying beautiful southern Californian weather -- palm trees, sunshine, strong IPAs & beautiful women everywhere... 75 degrees of bliss.  Today I woke up and trudged through the brutal weather of the planet Hoth to make it to Waddick's before class to score a much needed caffeine fix.  While I initially miss SoCal, it dawned on me that I will soon look back on my time in this ice cube with the same adoration and nostalgia.

Today is the first day of the last semester of my undergraduate career.  It is a pretty exciting feeling to know that in a few short months I will be graduating from the school I dreamed of attending when I was a little kid.  Those of you who know me personally know that it hasn't been an easy journey.  I came a long way from humble beginnings, and it's made my brief experience here all the better.  So as I reflect on this, I just wanted to wish you all a good semester, whether it is also your "last, first day" or if you're a second-semester Freshman who will hopefully help to keep Lefty's going strong when Henry and I graduate this year.

So, welcome back, Lefties!!!  And hopefully your classes don't turn out to be as heavy as mine did:


No comments: