Thursday, September 2, 2010

WELCOME BACK

Hello Lefties!!!

So Lefty's calmed down a little bit over the summer, but rest assured because as of midnight September 2nd 2010, we are BACK and we are ready to grow.  Last year Lefty's established itself as a progressive media force at Notre Dame and across Indiana.  With more than 70,000 hits (most of those were accumulated in 3 months) we have proven the potential for this blog.

My name is Chris Rhodenbaugh and I'm the new Senior Editor of the blog.  Returning Notre Dame students and past readers of the blog likely know me, but for those of you that don't, I am a senior Political Science major, and am minoring in the Hesburgh Program in Public Service at the University of Notre Dame (bio is on staff page).

I have experienced nothing in my life more exhilarating and rewarding than organizing people in the pursuit of social justice, this year I'm bringing that energy to Lefty's in full force.

Writing intelligently, spreading information and expressing opinions are essential to changing the priorities of the country we all love and that is why Lefty's Last Cry exists.  This is a website owned by young people and driven by our ideas about politics and the future of Notre Dame, Indiana, and the United States.  Join the team!!!


What motivates you to speak out?







First and foremost we are looking for writers and contributors (e-mail me, crhodenb@nd.edu, if you are interested!).  If you scroll through our posts from the past you will see quite a variety in content, so find your niche and start writing!  We embrace everything from well researched articles to comedy/parody, and reactions to current events to entertainment.  In the next few weeks I want to assemble a team of people ranging in time commitment and interest to be editors, writers/columnists, and casual contributors.  The ideal writer will be assigned a topic of interest, for example environmental issues, and be responsible for at least one post on that topic every two weeks.  The writer will also be encouraged to write on other topics in that time as well, but a minimum of once every two weeks is the expectation.

Even if you don't want to write, you can still help out!  Someone that can do political cartoons, or who wants to help advertise, any skill you have we will use :)

Send me an e-mail (crhodenb@nd.edu), if you have questions or want to get involved.  Also, I will be at the first ND College Dems meeting this Sunday at 5:30 in the McNeill Room so we can talk there as well.

Unleash your minds.  Let's get 2010-2011 school year off to a great start!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you guys again. I miss reading this blog.

Colleen Lowry said...

YAY 2010 school yearrr!! I can't wait for Lefty's to get going again!

Anonymous said...

Great to know you will be spreading cheer again across the land and informing Notre Dame, Indiana, and the United States about your new love of capitalism.

ShamRockNRoll said...

Best of luck as you begin your new role with Lefty's, Chris. I know I enjoyed it, and I hope you're able to take the blog even further than we did while I was there!

Rabi Abonour said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rabi Abonour said...

I'm excited to see this place get back in business, and to be working under you, Chris.
I think we have the potential to really grow this year. I know I'd like to get seriously into what I had sort of intended from the beginning - to focus my own work on geodiplomacy and world affairs.