Sunday, February 13, 2011

2nd Annual Kennedy Obama Dinner Coming to South Bend

Hello, fellow Dems. I haven't been around Lefty's in awhile, but that doesn't mean I'm any less committed to progressive causes. In fact, I've been pretty busy planning the Kennedy Obama Dinner, hosted by the College Democrats of Indiana.

This year, the dinner is coming to the College Football Hall of Fame in South Bend, Indiana on March 5, 2011. We are currently organizing our speaker list, which will definitely include short statements from Democratic South Bend mayoral candidates and a keynote address from Sam Locke, an Indiana native and one of the most prominent young Democrats in the state. I think it is also worth mentioning that the Hall of Fame will be fully accessible, so you can explore and socialize before the sit-down dinner while reading up on some college football legends. We have a wonderful menu planned, and if last year's dinner is any indication, the evening will be a ton of fun. We are charging $15 for students (sorry its not free, but come on, its a fundraiser), and $50 per plate for non-students.

I cannot wait to see all of you there, and I know you will do your best to spread the word so College Democrats of Indiana can function better than ever in the next year. Please contact me at alyssa.j.sullivan@gmail.com to register or if you have questions.

No comments: